ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡. ุฑุจูŠ ุฒุฏู†ูŠ ุนู„ู…ุง. ุงู…ูŠู†

ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡. ุฑุจูŠ ุฒุฏู†ูŠ ุนู„ู…ุง. ุงู…ูŠู†
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Note: My Brief Story On How I Started Including Tahajjud As Part Of My Routine

๐Ÿ’ In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful 

๐Ÿ’Œ The first time I was interested in including Tahajjud / Qiyaam Al-Layl as part of my regular routine was when I was around twelve or thirteen years old. I remember waking up late at night often to go to the bathroom and while most of the lights in the apartment were switched off, one of the living rooms would be brightly lit and I could overhear my parents (Allah yarhamhuma. Ameen.) praying together a special night prayer which I thought was only prayed during Ramadan and done by older individuals or adults. Alhamdulillah with Allah's Guidance I gradually became interested in praying Qiyaam Al-Layl often after conducting some thorough research about it and with frequent encouragement from my dear mother (Allah yarhamha. Ameen.) to never quit praying Tahajjud. 
In the beginning I wasn't very regular in praying Qiyaam Al-Layl though until I discovered that there was a huge difference between starting your day after having prayed Tahajjud and facing the day without having prayed Tahajjud whether it was due to oversleeping, having my monthly excuse, or not feeling motivated due to temporary stress or sadness. 
On days when I missed out on the virtues and rewards of praying Tahajjud, since I was in my teens up till now in my early thirties, I realized that I felt "more vulnerable to fitna" and more susceptible to mood swings or annoyance. It was as if I didn't have a significant shield needed to be more careful, wiser, or strong enough to pass certain tests and challenges. Alternatively whenever I was able to wake up anywhere from 2:30 am to some minutes before Salat Al-Fajr, I noticed that my motivation to do good deeds was stronger, felt more inspired, and my intuition (from Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) seemed more accurate than on days in which I missed out on Tahajjud's countless blessings. 
Praying Tahajjud for Allah's sake regularly is one of the distinctive qualities of pious Muslims who sincerely strive to be close allies and loyal supporters of Allah the Almighty and His noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam. Try to include it as one of your best habits and 
Inn-sha-Allah you can witness the quality of your Deen and dunya improve a lot.
~•~ 
๐Ÿ“– Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, 'Our Rabb (Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) descends to the lowest Heaven in the last third of every night, and He Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala says: "Who is calling upon Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking from Me, so that I may give him? Who is seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"'
Source: Sahih Al-Bukhari 1094
Sahih Muslim 758
Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (Authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2020/04/poem-join-those-who-pray-tahajjud-often.html 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2021/06/poem-benefits-of-praying-tahajjud.html 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2020/12/poem-praying-tahajjud-once-in-while-is.html