بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Poem: My Brief Niqab Story To Inspire Sisters

💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful

💌 Quick story to share with you for Allah’s sake

Of how I started wearing niqaab with faith:

From birth to about ten years old, my young days,

That time when I too traveled to U.S.A.

I did not wear hijab at that early stage.

~•~

As a preteen, before age thirteen years old,

I embraced wearing hijab when outside home.

In sixth grade, I wore niqaab as school dress code,

At those Saudi public schools that are well-known,

Yet for a while I hid feelings that were wrong.

~•~

I wanted niqaab worn only in Saudi,

Was shy of wearing it in other countries,

Was conscious back then of many stares at me,

‘Till some Sheikhs answered my questions on T.V.

About niqaab – I’ve learned it’s mandatory.

~•~

Though young I was eager to learn more Islam,

So I researched more online to understand.

One proof of the obligation of niqaab:

Female pilgrims should not wear it during Hajj.

The niqaab also uplifts one’s faith/Imaan.

~•~

In my teenage years I wore niqaab when out,

Yet my confidence back then was not yet loud,

‘Till I saw her at this hotel’s restaurant,

A niqaabi in black, with good vibes about,

She inspired me – of her Islam she was proud.

~•~

In my twenties I learned to love niqaab more,

Whether in Saudi, Philippines, or abroad.

Of the niqaab’s virtues I became more sure,

Not caring what critics thought nor scared of slurs.

When people insult, your sins are theirs galore.

~•~

Niqaabis are judged not by their choice of clothes,

Appearance, riches, or beauty cheaply shown.

By our faith and personality we’re known.

To be with Allah, as His friends, is our goal.

May Jannatul Firdaus be our final home. Ameen.

📖 It was narrated from Safiyyah Bint Shaybah RadhiAllahu 'anha that 'Aisha RadhiAllahu 'anha used to say: "When these words were revealed – “...and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – they took their izaars (a kind of garment) and tore them from the edges and covered their faces with them."

Narrated by Al-Bukhaari, 4481. The following version was narrated by Abu Dawood (4102): "May Allah have mercy on the Muhaajir women. When Allah revealed the words, “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)”, they tore the thickest of their aprons (a kind of garment) and covered their faces with them."

http://justsharingislam.blogspot.com/2016/09/poem-my-niqab-story-and-benefits-of_10.html