ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡. ุฑุจูŠ ุฒุฏู†ูŠ ุนู„ู…ุง. ุงู…ูŠู†

ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡. ุฑุจูŠ ุฒุฏู†ูŠ ุนู„ู…ุง. ุงู…ูŠู†
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Poem: Toxic Friendships Which We Cease For Allah's Sake Do Not Come With Regret

๐Ÿ’ In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
๐Ÿ’Œ I'm the kind of person who can't feel any regret 
Once I've decided to have some users "unfriended" 
Or ceased maintaining friendships which were clearly toxic. 
Facebook can suggest profiles of familiar faces, 
And I'd go, "Oh, it's them. Nah, I'm uninterested.". 
~•~
Browsing through their timelines of jokes and lies they've posted 
Is something I'd never do. I'd truly detest it. 
Trust me, I can't get tempted to stalk their lame pages. 
Adding them to list of blocked users isn't needed. 
Why disconnect when we've never really connected? 
~•~ 
When their names show up on posts of those we're still friends with, 
I guarantee you, I don't feel one bit nostalgic, 
Won't even bother reading their full comment / message, 
Since each time they reappear offline or on the net, 
I recall all the terrible things they did and said. 
~•~
Yes, I've forgiven them. Childish grudges aren't kept. 
Nonetheless, I don't mix with souls who are dishonest, 
Whose words and love for gossip remind me of garbage, 
And regardless of their fake smiles, I sense they're jealous. 
Those who tend to envy us can never be trusted. 
~•~ 
I'm glad their awful chapter in my story ended. 
From them I've learned it's ugly to be narcissistic, 
Selfish, self-obsessed, two-faced, insecure, deceptive, 
And passive or tactless due to feeling envious. 
Allah saw their bad motives, so we separated.
~•~ 
๐Ÿ“– Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Allah the Almighty said: 'Whoever shows hostility (enmity) to a righteous friend of Mine, I have declared war upon him. My servant does not grow closer to Me with anything more beloved to Me than the obligatory duties that I have imposed upon him. My servant continues to grow closer to Me with extra good works (nawaafil deeds like praying Tahajjud and fasting Sunnah fasts) until I love him. When I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask something from Me, I would surely give it to him. Were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant it to him. I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death and I hate to disappoint him.'"
Source: Sahih Al-Bukhari 6137
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Bukhari 
๐Ÿ“– Ibn Hibban RahimahuAllah narrated that Abu Darda RadhiAllahu 'anhu said, "A righteous companion is better than loneliness, and loneliness is better than an evil companion. A good writer is better than one who is silent, and one who is silent is better than an evil writer."
Source: Rawdat Al-‘Uqalaa 56
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2021/03/poem-allah-almighty-controls-all-things.html 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2021/04/poem-what-it-means-to-hate-someone-for.html 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2020/04/poem-regrets-in-life-should-be-lessons.html 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2020/07/note-no-regrets-but-lessons-learned.html 
https://mjustsharingislam.blogspot.com/2021/04/poem-some-tips-to-cope-with-being.html