بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Note: Can An INTJ Be Friendly?

💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
📜 Question: As a Muslim whose MBTI personality type is INTJ, how friendly are you?
📝 Answer: I would say "selectively" friendly. Generally I'm polite with people, Muslims and non-Muslims, as long as an individual didn't do anything which proved that they're untrustworthy and too toxic to talk to. 
I could describe myself as "kind" in the sense that:  
1] ...If I have a lot of something which I know others would enjoy, I'd be willing to share some of it without wanting anything specific in return. 
2] ...If a person and I both want the same thing, say an item at a store or opportunity at work, I'd let them have it if I believe that they're much more deserving of it than I am. 
3] ...If I noticed that somebody, loved one or stranger, fell or slipped on the ground, I'd ask them "are you okay?" or hopefully minimize the embarrassment by saying something like "Oops! Careful!" or "the same thing happened to me before" instead of obnoxiously laughing at them. If I'm in a hurry and too busy to interact with them, I'd walk forward even faster and behave as if I didn't notice their fall so they wouldn't feel uncomfortable due to somebody staring. 
4] ...If I'm at a social event with some family or acquaintances, and a guest nearby doesn't have anybody at all to chat with, I'd probably strike up a conversation if I sense they won't get bothered by me asking several questions, with an aim to become acquainted with them. 
5] ...After dining at a restaurant or residence of a relative or friend, I'd do what I can to tidy up and arrange some of the dishes if doing so distracts me from unwillingly participating in futile gossip and aimless conversations. 
6] ...Now and then I'd greet another Muslim of the same gender with "salaam alaikum", unless they appear too distracted or too busy to respond. 
7] ...Sometimes I would go out of my way to defend another human if they require backup and assistance. 

I may often look "unfriendly" or "unapproachable" to some individuals if: 
1] ...I'm too engrossed in trying to complete a task that I'd avoid chatting unnecessarily online and offline. Some may assume that I'm deliberately ignoring them when that's not the case.
2] ...I've lost interest in wanting to befriend a particular individual after realizing how untruthful and unreliable they are. Interviewing them further about themselves and their goals in life would be pointless since a lot of their statements consist of blatant lies. 
3] ...If I believe that having dialogues with so-and-so is meaningless and there are other more worthwhile activities to focus on than have lengthy discussions with someone who can't inspire me to become a better Muslim. 
❎ From the actions which many INTJs refuse to do: 
1] Concealing the truth and sugarcoating a statement to spare people's feelings, when frank feedback is essential to achieve a goal. 
2] Giving insincere compliments to those whom they don't really gravitate towards. 
3] Consistently distributing freebies and souvenirs after arriving from a trip to all of the individuals whom they're familiar with. 
4] Spending a large amount of money on buying gifts for those whom they don't regard as actual friends. 
5] Cancelling assignments or postponing projects to casually socialize with people whose values evidently oppose theirs.
~•~ 
📖 Abu Dharr RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Fear Allah wherever you are, follow a bad deed with a good deed and it will erase it, and behave well with good character towards the people."
Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1987
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to At-Tirmidhi 
📖 Anas Ibn Malik RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "The believer is one who is trusted by the people. The Muslim is one from whose tongue and hand the Muslims are safe. The emigrant (muhaajir) is one who emigrates away from evil. By the One (Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) in Whose Hand is my soul, a servant will not enter Paradise if his neighbor is not secure from his harm."
Source: Sahih Ibn Hibbān 515 
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Arna'ut 
📖 Abu Umamah RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "I guarantee a house on the outskirts of Paradise for one who leaves arguments even if he is right, and a house in the middle of Paradise for one who abandons lies even when joking, and a house in the highest part of Paradise for one who makes his character excellent."
Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 4800
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Nawawi 
📖 Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "The believer is friendly, for there is no goodness in one who is neither friendly, nor befriended."
Source: Musnad Ahmed 8945
Grade: Hasan (Fair) according to Al-Arna'ut 
~•~
~•~
📝 To discover what your MBTI type is, you're welcome to take these tests: