بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Poem: Thank Those Who Gossip About You, They've Given Good Deeds.


💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
💌 To the people whose mouths mentioned me negatively,
Who kept themselves busy with backbiting jealously,
Who joked about me in my absence and when near me:
Thanks for taking my sins. Thank you for all your good deeds.
~*~

Being spoken of badly is from Allah's Mercy,
When rewards are sent to my account effortlessly,
When sins I've done previously disappear easily -
Each time I'm ridiculed by those guilty of envy.
~*~
I know I'm not perfect, and I'm a threat to many,
I admit people's thoughts are not my reality.
Hence I don't backbite, even critics and enemies,
Since gossip is nonsense and shows instability.
~*~
The morally unstable, weak emotionally,
And sadly insecure are more likely gossipy.
Instead of saying Dhikr and Du'as fruitfully,
They sacrifice some good deeds to ease their jealousy.
~*~

Weren't they brought up to treat others respectfully?
Don't they know that being rude proves they're jealous clearly,
And their life doesn't improve by making people weep?
Broken things can't get fixed by causing beings to bleed.
~*~
Seeing how I was taught to preserve true dignity,
I minimize chit-chatting with people needlessly,
Replacing them with moments to self-reflect wisely,
Content with Qur'an reading to keep me company.
~*~
In an era when most are confirmed untrustworthy,
It's best to isolate, learn from afar carefully,
And leave gossipers with negative mentality,
To rely on Allah Only Who knows us truly.
~*~
📖 Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must either speak good or remain silent."
[Muslim]
Sunnah.com reference: Book 18, Hadith 1
Arabic/English book reference: Book 18, Hadith 1511

📖 Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Do you know what backbiting is?" They said, “Allah and His Messenger (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) know best." The Prophet SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "It is to mention your brother in a way that he dislikes." It was said, "What do you think if what I said about him is true?" The Prophet SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "If what you say about him is true, it is backbiting. If it is not true, it is slander."
Source: Sahih Muslim 2589
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Muslim

📖 Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Whoever wrongs his brother in his honor or anything else should resolve the matter today before it cannot be resolved with gold and silver coins. If he has good deeds to his credit, they will be taken from him according to the measure of his injustice. If he has no good deeds left, he will bear the evil deeds of the one he has oppressed."
Source: Sahih Al-Bukhari 2317
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Bukhari