بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Poem: Something Ex-Friends Have Taught Me


💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
💌 Woke up from a vivid dream, wondering what it meant,
A vision full of significant signs and portents,
Eager to talk about it with a special someone
Only to recall they've become another ex-friend.
~*~
Each day would pass by filled with memorable events,
Educational moments, noteworthy incidents,
And tales worth telling yet most of them remain hidden,
Undisclosed due to the disappearance of close friends.
~*~
While I could discuss my dreams, fluctuating feelings,
Observations and elucidations with certain
Companions, I've learned to stay contented and patient,
Keeping most of them to myself with trained self-restraint.
~*~
Though retaining these thoughts and bottled up emotions
Isn't easy, especially when they're disturbing,
I release them through tears and Du'as/supplications.
Allah the Almighty grants me love, peace and freedom.
~*~
Former friends are but extra life lessons which strengthen
My faith/Imaan, and they remind me to just depend,
Trust, and rely on none except Allah Al-'Atheem,
Who never left ever since I came to existence.
~*~

📖 Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Love whom you love moderately, perhaps he will become hateful to you someday. Hate whom you hate moderately, perhaps he will become your beloved friend someday."
Source: Sunan Al-Tirmidhi 1997
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Albani