بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Poem: It's Okay To Detach From False "Friends"

💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
💌 Alhamdulillah I'm not afraid of losing "friends",
As true friends don't disappear in spite of far distance.
Ex-friends are blessings in disguise that carry lessons,
Reminding us that this world's joys aren't permanent,
While Allah is the Only One we can depend on.
~•~
Dear ex-friends, wherever you may be, I am sorry,
I'm sorry I can't join you in your future journey.
We could've talked daily and discussed about our dreams,
But I stopped when the moves were only coming from me,
Or left when I knew that you were consumed by envy.
~•~
I could've chatted with you as often as I liked,
Brought you with me on outings, asked you for more advice,
Or save up money for our planned adventures and flights,
But I turned silent when I saw you liked to backbite,
Betray, tell lies, and keep taking while you were unkind.
~•~
The very first moments you hurt me, I forgave you.
Each time you declined my invite, I'd give you excuse.
When you found other friends, I continued loving you
And supporting you for Allah's sake until I knew
Our friendship was one-sided, so I discontinued.
~•~
It's okay. Though we don't talk as much as we used to,
I'll still smile and say Salaam if I bump into you.
Although our closeness disappeared, my manners stay true.
There's a purpose for each soul we meet and "friends" we lose -
Accept Allah's Qadr with patience and gratitude.
📖 Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu anhu narrated that Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu alaihi wa sallam said, "The souls are conscripted soldiers. They come together upon what they recognize, and they differ upon what they reject."
Source: Sahih Al-Bukhari 3109, Sahih Muslim 2638
Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (Authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim