ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡. ุฑุจูŠ ุฒุฏู†ูŠ ุนู„ู…ุง. ุงู…ูŠู†

ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡. ุฑุจูŠ ุฒุฏู†ูŠ ุนู„ู…ุง. ุงู…ูŠู†
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Poem: My Brief Love Story And Allah's Decree On Letting Me Marry My Cousin

๐Ÿ’ In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
๐Ÿ’Œ My brief love story to share lessons to fellow wives 
On loving one's spouse for Allah as a Muslim wife 
Who knows that Allah the Most Wise is the One Who writes 
His servants' decrees and what occur throughout our lives.
~•~
Alhamdulillah I've never been on dates, not once, 
No haraam affairs prior to meeting my husband 
Who's employed as a doctor and one of my cousins, 
Where we were born and grew up in are both different.
~•~
I was born in Dammam, he in southern Philippines. 
I studied in Riyadh for around seventeen years, 
While his studies were in Davao and Cebu city. 
Still recall how we both felt shy in our first meeting.
~•~
With Allah's Will, this marriage is a parental one, 
Arranged by my parents with the folks of my husband, 
After declining four proposals back in my teens 
When I was ignorant of my duties and our Deen.
~•~
One of the suitors that time worked in a western land, 
The second in Madinah, the third from Pakistan, 
The fourth grew up with me in Al-Khobar and Dammam. 
Thought I wasn't ready to move in with any man.
~•~
Throughout that time an ex-friend and I stayed in contact. 
My rejecting the proposals and our lengthy talks 
Made them suspect our connection, while they were false thoughts. 
We were just friends who were close, not "two females in love".
~•~
Some months later, with Allah's Will, I became a wife 
At twenty while my husband was twenty-eight that time. 
Found out my ex-friend eventually married a guy, 
With Allah's Will, while browsing through some pages online.
~•~
When my husband asked if I could bear him more children 
And I told him I couldn't due to health conditions, 
I mentioned polygyny and how I've no problem 
If he remarries even without my permission.
~•~
When I was twenty-six years old I wasn't surprised 
To be notified that he had a Visayan wife, 
A year older than me, bore our husband their first child 
Named Yusuf - a name which my soulmate knew that I liked.
~•~
From this marriage, Alhamdulillah, I learned a lot, 
That if it's all for Allah, the love can longer last, 
Despite brief challenges and obstacles that distract, 
Marriage lasts much longer if it leads to Allah's Love.
~•~
Allah guided me to recognize the wisdom in 
Polygyny, advocate marriage between cousins, 
And to firmly believe that our journeys are blessings
If they strengthen our Taqwa, faith/Imaan and patience.
~•~
๐Ÿ“– Abu Huraira RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: The Messenger of Allah SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "If a woman prays her five prayers, fasts her month of Ramadan, guards her chastity, and obeys her husband, she will enter Paradise from any gate she wishes."
Source: Sahih Ibn Hibban 4252
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Albani
๐Ÿ“– Abdullah ibn Amr RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "The world is enjoyment and the best enjoyment in the world is a righteous wife."
Source: Sahih Muslim 1467
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Muslim
๐Ÿ“– Thawban RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "The best wealth is a tongue that remembers Allah, a grateful heart, and a believing wife to help one in his faith."
Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 3094
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Albani
๐Ÿ“– Umm Salamah RadhiAllahu 'anha narrated: Allah's noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Any woman who dies while her husband is pleased with her, she will enter Jannah (Paradise)".
[At-Tirmidhi, who classified it as Hadith Hasan]
Riyad As-Salihin 286
In-book reference: Introduction, Hadith 286