بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Poem: When I'm Gone

💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
💌 As I journey towards Jannah, being Allah’s slave,
Striving to earn rewards and do good for Allah’s sake,
I wish to tell each soul whom I’ve met along the way
“Forgive my mistakes and hurtful words I used to say.
~*~
I’m sorry for not enough time spent back in the days,
Sorry to those with whom I couldn’t fully acquaint,
Sorry if I made you feel ignored, or displayed hate,
And sorry if any of my actions brought dismay.
~*~
I’m sorry if ‘sorry’ is not enough to erase
Emotional wounds I may have caused when not awake,
Unaware of the outcomes of the options I’d take,
Or overcome by my nafs in my immature state.
~*~
Recall I’m human like you, we’re not perfect always.
At times I slip, fall, misconstrue, wrongfully explain
And misjudge when I go through a brief decrease in faith,
Yet return to my senses when I find Allah’s Way.
~*~
When I am gone, and when Allah takes my soul away,
I’m hoping for my salvation to Allah you’ll pray,
That I’m forgiven and from the grave’s torment I’m saved,
And you mention me in Du’as nearly night and day.
~*~
When I’ve disappeared as a memory to replay,
I pray the memories make your Imaan escalate,
That instead of wailing, your patience level is raised,
And you strive for Allah as your Taqwa you upgrade.
~*~
Don’t obsess over me. Remember we’re Allah’s slaves,
Created to serve Allah. Life’s a test, not a game.
Do your best and pray we meet again by Jannah’s Gates,
To reunite and together see Allah’s Grand Face.”
~*~
📖 Ibn ‘Umar RadhiAllahu ‘anhuma from his father that the noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “The deceased is punished in his grave for the wailing done over him.”
Reference: Sahih Al-Bukhari 1292
In-book reference: Book 23, Hadith 51
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 23, Hadith 379
📖 Anas Ibn Malik RadhiAllahu ‘anhu narrated: ‘We entered the house of Abu Sayf along with the Messenger of Allah SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam who was the husband of Ibrahim’s wet-nurse, upon him be peace. The Prophet SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam took hold of Ibrahim, kissed him, and smelled him. Then, we entered after that as Ibrahim was breathing his last breaths. It made the eyes of the Prophet SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam shed tears. Abdur Rahman Ibn Awf RadhiAllahu ‘anhu said, “Even you, O Messenger of Allah?” The Prophet SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “O Ibn Awf, this is mercy.” Then, the Prophet SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam wept some more and he said, “Verily, the eyes shed tears and the heart is grieved, but we will not say anything except what is pleasing to our Rabb Allah. We are saddened by your departure, O Ibrahim.”’
Source: Sahih Al-Bukhari 1241
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Bukhari
📖 Abu Qatadah RadhiAllahu ‘anhu narrated: Allah’s noble Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “The best of what a man leaves behind are three: A righteous child who supplicates for him, ongoing charity the reward of which reaches him, and knowledge that is acted upon after him.”
Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 237
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Albani