بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Poem: When Friends Turn Into Strangers


💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
💌 Just when I was about to approach you and confide
In you and share some innermost thoughts I cannot hide,
I took many steps back, thought I'll just keep them inside -
Why trust someone with an instinct to backbite and lie?
~*~
Dear friend whose level of likability declined,
Who proved to be untrustworthy, scornful and unkind,
I've forgiven you for insulting me and my life,
While you're no longer the pal on whom I can rely.
~*~
Thank you though, thanks for the rewards each time you'd deride,
Treat me like a laughingstock and mock me from behind.
Thank you too for helping me think twice and realize
Jealous critics like you can't be trusted anytime.
~*~
Because of noble upbringing since I was a child,
And as I know it's not right to oppress or tell lies,
I won't spread rumors about you nor have you despised.
I'll just give space, wide enough for trust to be denied.
~*~
I've seen you got the ability to vandalize
People's emotions, manipulate, and make hearts cry.
So if you hear or see from me less, don't be surprised,
If I've lost interest in one whose speech I despise.
~*~
Don't worry. I forgive you, if you apologize.
We're all humans, prone to making misjudgment and vice.
You're not the only one whose low values I dislike.
There are tons of ex-friends with whom I had to collide.
~*~
Friends turned to strangers like you are blessings in disguise.
They taught me I'm imperfect each time they'd criticize.
Their insults cause my faith and patience levels to rise.
And I'm fine trusting Only Allah each day and night.
~*~
📖 Abu Ayyub RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: A man came to the Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam and he said, “O Messenger of Allah, teach me and make it concise.” The Prophet SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, “When you stand for your prayer, pray as if you are saying farewell. Do not say anything for which you must apologize, and give up any desire to acquire what people have.”
Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 4169
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Albani