بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين

بسم الله. ربي زدني علما. امين
May Allah the Almighty grant us more beneficial knowledge, accept our good deeds, forgive our mistakes, protect us from fitna, and join us with the righteous believers in Jannatul Ferdaus. Ameen.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Poem: Contented With The One Whom Allah Chose As My Spouse

💐 In The Name Of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful
💌 Years ago in my teens I asked Allah for a spouse,
A guy I'd always love even when he's not around, 
A soulmate who's understanding until I have found
That Allah gave me a husband - wed him in Davao. 
Though we're cousins I believe this marriage is profound. 
~•~
Alhamdulillah in spite of his imperfections, 
I've trained myself to love him for Allah with patience. 
My spouse is a gift which I accept with contentment. 
Although unappealing to some, I find him handsome
From his hard work to his tenderness towards children.
~•~
Most assume he's neglectful when he doesn't show up,
When he remarried as if one wife isn't enough, 
Yet I keep on loving him despite things can get rough, 
As I've seen his struggles and moments he proved his love -
The type of love that inspires my faith to be more tough. 
~•~
When he works as a doctor in another city, 
And we meet each other once a week or biweekly, 
I train my heart to stay attached to Allah Only, 
Aware that dunya and its tests are temporary. 
Note: A marriage is blessed if it strengthens piety. 
~•~
I'm grateful Alhamdulillah that Allah bestowed
Upon me a spouse whose heart is more splendid than gold. 
Together I hope we can pass Allah's tests and grow
In Imaan, and earn Jannah as our final abode
For trusting Allah Who grants what is best for our souls. 
~•~
📖 Thawban RadhiAllahu 'anhu narrated: When the verse was revealed, "And those who hoard gold and silver," (Surah At-Tawbah 9:34), some of the companions said, “This was revealed about gold and silver. Were it only revealed that we may know which wealth is best to take.” The Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "The best wealth is a tongue that remembers Allah, a grateful heart, and a believing wife to help him in his faith."
In another narration, the Prophet SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, “And a believing wife to help one of you in matters of the Hereafter.”
Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 3094
Grade: Sahih (Authentic) according to Al-Albani